The Progressive Era
Looks at individuals who advocated social, political, and economic reform in the early years of the 20th century. Among the topics covered are trust busting, regulation of big business, child labor, urban poverty, the struggle for women’s suffrage, and measures to root out political corruption.
FASTER | SLOWER
- Roots of progressivism
- Settlement Houses
- Problems in America
- Role of the media in exposing problems
- Reform began at the state and local level
- National level
- President Roosevelt and conservation
- TR the “Trustbuster”
- Taft and the election of 1912
- Woodrow Wilson
- Other Progressive Era Reforms
- Women’s Suffrage
- African Americans
|Sample Audio Clip from disk:
||Theodore Roosevelt: Crooked Politics, Crooked Business
ORDER BY MAIL, PHONE
For mail orders and school purchase orders, send to:
Multimedia Learning LLC
729 36th Street
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Credit Card Phone Orders:
- Please list title and quantity on your order.
- Please add 8% for shipping and handling.
- California orders, add 8% sales tax.
- For international
orders (non-U.S) we accept Paypal
or credit card orders only. We cannot
accept purchase orders. PayPal will charge you for shipping. Upon receipt of your order for internet delivered products we will immediately refund the shipping charges. Please note: refunds will be sent for internet delivery only. For physical CDs, DVDs, etc., you will be charged the full shipping price.
- Internet delivery for Purchase Orders: Please include a valid Email address that the items can be sent to via the internet.